Streamlining Data Delivery with Vertex®
Managing incoming data requests, faster DICOM processing, improved user interfaces, digital sharing support and increased connectivity speed were only some of the goals eHealth Technologies had for partnering with Sorna Corporation and integrating Vertex to manage data requests to send to major hospitals across the U.S.
Medical images received by eHealth Technologies come primarily in the form of CDs from healthcare facilities and clinics located throughout the US. The majority of the data follows DICOM format although a significant amount is also received following proprietary formats. Much of the data was unusable before Vertex. The eHealth Technologies team used a few applications in order to address the different formats.
Multiple applications created challenges for:
- Management – Excessive licensing, training challenges
- Service/Support team – Training and switching b/w applications takes a lot of time
- IT Team – Supporting multiple applications. Talking to multiple companies to troubleshoot problems
How Sorna’s Vertex Solution Helped
- Management – Now only one vendor to deal with
- Service/Support – Sorna offers enhanced customer service and quality support. Now there are fewer applications to learn. Also, Vertex loads more data faster which is at par with LiteBox. However, Vertex allows for queue monitoring
- IT team – Good vendor support and simplification of application knowledge/support
“Vertex has replaced at least 2 or 3 applications – reducing training challenges and tech support.” – Belimar Velazquez, V.P. of Marketing
Results, Return on Investment and Future Plans
eHealth is enjoying improved relationships with other vendors by ensuring data delivery and queue management monitoring that further avoids delays in data delivery.
“We consider Sorna a crucial partner to our success. On the ball doing releases to as needed. Easy access to the service engineers and development engineers in the team. Expect relationship to continue.” – Belimar Velazquez, V.P. of Marketing
eHealth Technologies’ eHealth Connect® Platform provides clinicians with access to patients’ critical clinical information from out-of-network sources and integrates it in an organized way with the electronic medical record (EMR) and the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), providing a more complete picture of a patient’s medical condition. A doctor or hospital receiving the referral will then have all of the information they need for patient treatment. The provider does not need to do all of the legwork and receive back unorganized CDs, pathology slides, faxes or paper records. This also reduces the burden of medical record collection on the patients and their caregivers.